There were some brand new prints.
The exhilaration I get from new discovery is heady. Trying out these new techniques and exploring is soul fulfilling.
All this brought my mind round to a post on Grace Howe's website. The article On Art, Journaling & Creativity questions the reasons we do what we do. The article jogged me to start asking myself a question that is important to me:
I have recently returned to my blog after neglecting it for a long time. Examining the reasons for blogging and whether the effort is possible to prioritize at this time I found that I still have reason to show up. To create. To document joy.
I started this blog as my response to reading The Happiness Project. This is my happy spot. My happy. My hope that I can share happy with you.
- to record happy things so I can look back on them and remember
- to record happy things so that others can be inspired to seek their own happiness
- to create beauty in my own life
- to express myself
- to connect with others
- to jumpstart creativity
- to keep dreaming
- to document self growth, studies and promote great teachers
- to create community
- a hope to collaborate with others doing projects, swaps, inspiring each other, and sharing ideas with people with similar interests.
What are reasons you blog? Or if have you given up blogging, why did you take that path? I'm happy to hear your thoughts.